Pack for a Purpose
Butterfly Beach Hotel is also committed to supporting the community by supporting local community events and charity functions. We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose in partnership with the local children’s charity the Variety Club. This is an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and take supplies for area schools or medical clinics in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families. Please click www.packforapurpose.org to see what supplies are needed for our project/projects.
Butterfly Beach Hotel in Barbados has made a commitment to protect and preserve the surrounding environment by adhering to Local and international standards in regards to the environment.
Butterfly Beach Hotel has and will continue to improve the key environmental aspects related to the operation of its hotel in Barbados, including the use of energy and water, solid waste, use of biodegradable cleaning materials where possible as well as addressing key environmental issues not only at the hotel but in our community.
Butterfly Beach Hotel also understands the importance of Tourism to the economy of Barbados, and also how this important industry can have a negative impact on the local community as well as the environment. Wherever possible, Local produce and products will be incorporated into the Purchasing policy of the hotel.
Butterfly Beach Hotel is also committed to supporting the community by supporting local community events and charity functions.
We will also take the responsibility of informing guests of our commitment to protecting the environment as well as educating them on the environmental management measures in place.
Butterfly Beach Hotel in Barbados is committed to protecting the environment, Staff, guests and the local community. We will continue to strive to ensure our sustainability in our daily operation. Butterfly Beach Hotel has therefore assessed our operations in focusing on our goal to protect and preserve the environment and community while being sustainable, and created a new purchasing policy:
- Purchase of local produce and products as the first choice where available
- The hotel will attempt to purchase as many items in bulk where possible, rather than in many small portions. And increasing the numbers of items currently in refillable containers.
- Where possible we will give preference to “green” suppliers
- We will continue our goal of continuing trying to source a more suitable and environmentally friendly take away container than Styrofoam.
- Return all bottles and containers to suppliers for reuse.
- Reduce the amount of plastic glasses used at the bar by maintaining a ‘request only” program, where reusable glasses are used and straws and plastic cups must be asked for.