Guaranteed cleanliness standards via additional protocols to ensure heightened health & safety measures for guests & staff.
CLEANLINESS AND SAFETY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PRIORITY #1:
For over twenty years, Butterfly Beach has adhered to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety protocols. Our hotel has always been scrupulously cleaned and sanitized every day. But now more than ever, our existing industry-leading practices are being enhanced to include several pre-emptive cleanliness measures, guaranteeing guests the peace of mind to enjoy their vacation with the utmost confidence.
WE’RE PRUDENT ABOUT PREVENTION
Prevention is the key to safeguarding the health of our employees and guests. We long ago developed a sophisticated approach to preventing the spread of illnesses at our hotel under the guidance of medical professionals, World Health Organization (WHO) and the local Ministry of Health in Barbados. We have dedicated Quality Inspection Teams to make sure every procedure is in place to protect every guest and team member. That even extends to our supply chain, with new procedures for every delivery.
NEW WAYS WE’RE SAFEGUARDING YOUR STAY
Our new TEAM CLEAN protocol encompasses added health and wellbeing requirements across all points of contact at the hotel, including common areas, restaurant and kitchen, bar, guest rooms, fitness room; and includes all behind-the-scenes operations. We are leaving no stone unturned as we prepare to welcome guests back to the beauty and warmth of Barbados in a friendly, clean and, most importantly, safe environment.
PRECAUTIONARY TEMPERATURE CHECK AT CHECK-IN:
Guests’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival at Butterfly Beach as a precautionary measure. Temperatures exceeding 100F/37.8C will be considered out of range. Additional temperature checks may be done at the guest’s request.
A TRIPLE-CHECK SYSTEM FOR CLEANING AND SANITIZATION
While we have always paid attention to the details, our hotel will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized on an ongoing basis with a minimum of three inspections daily. All public restrooms will be cleaned, sanitized and inspected every hour.
- All kitchens, bar, and restaurant dining rooms are continuously cleaned and sanitized
- All swimming pools and whirlpools are tested and treated and will adhere to triple-check protocols
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be provided for guests and team members throughout the hotel
- All items that come in physical contact with guests or staff, including room cards, are sanitized before distribution
PHYSICAL DISTANCING PRACTICES
Butterfly Beach has always been about space to enjoy Barbados. Our lobby and restaurant is open-air and brings in fresh breezes from the ocean. And now we are introducing new ways to encourage our guests to maintain safe social distancing while still providing a relaxing resort experience.
- A nod and a smile will replace handshakes
- Extended check-in times between guests
- Safe distance table setups in our restaurant and bar
- Only one couple or one family at a time will be permitted in each elevator, with staff members taking alternate routes
LOBBY AND PUBLIC AREAS
- All Team Members will wear protective masks
- Physical distancing practices will be adhered to with floor signage at Front Desk and other reminders around the property
- Wall mounted gel sanitizer at convenient locations and inside elevators
NEW CERTIFIED TEAM CLEAN SANITIZED GUEST ROOMS
Butterfly Beach is introducing even more robust housekeeping measures to ensure a hospital-grade, sanitized environment according to the strictest protocols. All linens will be changed every three days (or on request), and all mattresses and pillows have protectors. After every room is thoroughly cleaned, the door will be locked, and a seal will be placed between the door and the casing to certify that no one else has entered until the guests arrive. Any staff that attend a room will respray and disinfect both the inside and outside of door handle with disinfectant upon leaving the room.
- The introduction of additional hospital-grade disinfectants
- Air Conditioner filter sanitization in guest rooms upon every arrival and departure
- Housekeeping team will wear face masks and wash and sanitize hands before and after each room
- Housekeepers will consistently clean and sanitize all equipment (mops, mop buckets, dust bins, carts) with the recommended cleaning chemical and sanitizing agent
- Pool chairs will be sanitized every morning before use, and again after guest changeovers, and will be separated according to physical distancing guidelines at six feet apart or greater
- Beach chairs to be sanitized every morning before use, please maintain six feet apart between others on the beach
- Pool decks will be sanitized daily
- Water quality tests to be conducted for all pools and whirlpools in accordance with a triple-check system, three times a day with chlorine readings to be recorded and not drop below three parts per million (ppm)
- Pool cartridge filters, backwash sand filters and strainers to be cleaned and disinfected with the addition of Chlorine solution via the access trap
- All Team Members will wear protective masks and gloves
- All frequently used machines, such as coffee, blenders etc., will be cleaned and sanitized according to triple-check protocols
- Restaurant host will provide sanitizer at the entrance to all restaurants and require guests usage
- Menus will be cleaned and sanitized after each guest/table use
- All tables and chairs and service stations will be cleaned with a sanitizer after every use
- Physical distancing practices will be adhered to and monitored in all dining areas
- Buffets will no longer offer self-service and instead will be served by an attentive staff member All Action Stations on buffet lines will have sneeze-guards
- All condiment bottles and salt and pepper shakers will be removed and replaced with single use packets.
- All Team Members will wear gloves and protective face masks
- All bottles, bar equipment, and soda dispensers will be sanitized
- Doors to remain open to allow for maximum air flow
- All bar stools to be six feet apart and grouped in twos
- Countertops will be sanitized on the half hour, around the clock
- All bar glassware to be washed and sanitized in accordance to established standards
- Ensure disposable cups are available at all bars
- Floors will be disinfected throughout the day
- Hand sanitation dispenser at the entrance to the fitness room
- All equipment, surfaces and furniture should be cleaned and sanitized after use and every three hours.
- A distance of six feet will be maintained at all times and guided by floor markers
- All door handles and frequently touched surfaces should be cleaned and sanitized every three hours
- Air conditioner units and filters will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- All Team Members will wear face masks and gloves.
- All food preparation and storage surfaces will be sanitized regularly throughout the day
- All serving line plates, cups & glasses, cutlery etc. will be removed when not in use
- All utensils will be washed, rinsed, and sanitized in accordance to international standards.
Even our vendors, suppliers, and partners will be held to the new Team Clean Protocol by:
- Restricting delivery windows and limiting physical contact
- Sanitizing all touch points, including equipment, storage spaces, and access areas
- Removing all outer packaging upon delivery to eliminate any contaminants
SAFETY THAT SPANS TO EVERY STAFF MEMBER
We are setting an even higher baseline for good health with new requirements for all staff members.
- Knowing where the nearest hand sanitizer stations are located
- Wearing protective face gear always
- Not wearing their uniforms while traveling to and from work
- Having their temperature checked before beginning any shift
- To ensure all team members stay healthy both in and outside the workplace, they will be provided with ongoing specialized training on prevention and sanitation practices at home